We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartender with excellent communication skills to serve beers, wines and standard long drinks (Gin and Tonic, Pimms and Lemonade etc) to our customers. Most drinks will be ordered at the table via table servers or via the app and you’ll need to prepare drinks in a fast paced environment.
If customers do come to the bar, you’ll need to greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and possibly food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Welcoming customers, listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Informing customers about beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Checking orders coming in via the App and preparing drinks ready for servers to collect and take to tables.
- A flexible job where if you’re asked to take drinks to tables, you do; or if you’re asked to do other tasks associated with making the event a success, you do.
- If the Bar Manager or Events Directors asks you to do something, to ensure the smooth running of the event, you do it.
- Energetic, confident and enthusiastic
- Hard-working, professional, and punctual
- Fluent English Language
- Good communication skills, writtten and verbal, for engaging with potential customers
- A strong bar background, ideally within a busy operation
- Excellent attention to details
- Sense of ownership and accountability for stock results.
- Second to none service standards alongside a calm approach to busy service periods.
- Confident knowledge of cellar management, wines, and cocktails – and know how to change a barrel & deal with gas etc.
- Must come from a high-volume background
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Physical stamina and high energy levels – endurance to stand and walk for long hours
- Friendly disposition
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills
We also need flexibility with these hours; if the event continues a little later; we don’t want to shut things up too quickly.
SHARE THIS LISTING
Perks of the Job
We’re offering £10/hour for this role
You will be able to offer 20% discount to anyone you know who wants to come to any of the sessions.
Submit your details to progress to an interview
Complete the form below, submit your 30-second video as to why we should hire you, and on successful completion of this, we’ll set up a Zoom call or in-person meeting, in Chiswick.