Responsible for overseeing the operations that lead to the success of the bar. Duties include organising & checking staff rota, checking stock orders and liaising directly with the Events Director to ensure enough stock will be available, and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Your main duties are to make sure customers are happy, that there’s plenty of stock behind the bar and that your staff know how to provide great service.
You’ll be liaising directly with the main Event Director at all times.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers and the table servers about beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol, and ensuring the team do the same.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment, and ensuring the team are doing the same.
- Checking orders coming in via the App and preparing drinks ready for servers to collect and take to tables.
- Making sure orders are getting out quickly and effeciently. Planning ahead to ensure a smooth service.
- Energetic, confident and enthusiastic
- Hard-working, professional, and punctual
- Fluent English Language
- Good communication skills for engaging with potential customers & team members
- A strong bar background, ideally within a busy operation
- Excellent attention to details
- Sense of ownership and accountability for stock results.
- Second to none service standards alongside a calm approach to busy service periods.
- Confident knowledge of cellar management, wines, and cocktails – and know how to change a barrel & deal with gas etc.
- The Bar Manager will be a natural trainer and developer of a team.
- Must come from a high-volume background
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a friendly demeanor.
- Physical stamina and high energy levels – endurance to stand and walk for long hours
- Friendly disposition
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform under stress.
- Excellent multitasking ability.
- Conflict management skills.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills
We also need flexibility with these hours; if the event continues a little later; we don’t want to shut things up too quickly.
SHARE THIS LISTING
Perks of the Job
£14-16/hour depending on experience; and we can also look at a bonus scheme based on bar sales.
You will be able to offer 20% discount to anyone you know who wants to come to any of the sessions.
Submit your details to progress to an interview
Complete the form below, submit your 30-second video as to why we should hire you, and on successful completion of this, we’ll set up a Zoom call or in-person meeting, in Chiswick.