Welcome to The Chiswick Festival website, ChiswickFestival.com. Owned and operated by Huude Ltd.
BASED ON GOVERNMENT & LOCAL COUNCIL GUIDELINES, THESE RULES MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. RESTRICTIONS MAY EASE, AND WHEREVER POSSIBLE WE’LL UPDATE THESE AS AND WHEN WE HERE MORE.
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT WE ASK YOU TO PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW:
- You MUST bring a Face Mask and wear it at all times, including when entering or exiting the event area, EXCEPT for when you are at your designated table, which will be at a safe distance from other audience members. Any time you leave your table/pitch (e.g. for the bar or toilet) masks must be worn.
- Hand Sanitiser will be provided and you MUST sanitise your hands upon entry.
- If you or a member of your household has had any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14-day lead up to your event, please do not attend. Contact [email protected]. You may also be asked if you have displayed any symptoms upon arrival or at any point while you are at the event. If the answer is yes, or if you are visibly displaying symptoms, you may be asked to isolate within, or leave, the event area.
- Please follow steward instructions, and abide by the designated table/pitch areas. Any aggression or disrespectful behaviour towards our staff or stewards will result in removal from the event area.
- In some areas there will be a marked one-way system for attendees to follow. Please do your best to adhere to these in order to maintain safe distances between yourself and other audience members where possible.
- Toilets will be available at the event, please follow the steward’s instructions on sanitisation.
- Litter is a potential hazard for our staff due to transmission risk, so you MUST use the bins provided onsite.
- Please keep as up to date as possible on government guidelines, which are regularly updated here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-guidance-for-mass-gatherings. Anyone at the event who is seen to be disregarding safe practices or is acting in any way that could increase risk of transmission to themselves or others will be immediately removed from the event.
Children are allowed. Due to Covid safety, we must insist that children (under 16s) are kept under control and not causing a nuisance or risk of transmission to other audience members. If this does happen, the group they belong to will be asked to leave the seating area, and may be asked to leave the event site if the problem persists or is severe. We also advise parental discretion – some performances may not be suitable for under 16s so it is up to the parents/guardians, who must accompany them, whether or not they should be watching. The comedy shows are likely to contain bad language and other adult content.
WHAT TO BRING (AND WHAT NOT TO)
- Please bring your ticket and your ID, making sure it matches the name on the ticket. Tickets will be scanned via contactless scanners which work on paper and digital tickets.
- The Bar operates a Challenge 25 Policy. If you look under 25 please do not be offended if we ask you for proof of age when you purchase alcohol. Please bring photo ID to show you are over 18.
In the event of bad weather the event will go ahead – please check the forecast and come prepared.
Please note that it can turn chilly in the evenings, so please make sure you bring suitable clothing.
For the evening events, although all our sites are lit, it is recommended that you bring a torch to provide additional lighting.
No naked flames, BBQ’s, gas stoves or candles.
No tents, gazebos, parasols or pop-up structures.
No dogs or pets (except guide dogs).
Glass is not permitted onsite – please ensure all drinks are in plastic/cans and consumed from plastic drinkware.
No alcohol or food may be brought in to the event area. Bags may be checked and food and/or drinks confiscated.
- Catering – we’ve partnered with several of the local restaurants and caterers to provide smaller tapas style dishes. So there is catering this year.
If your event has to be cancelled for reasons related to Covid-19, the organisers will reschedule the event to another date as soon as is reasonably possible.
- If the event is called off due to serious weather which would endanger attendees, staff or performers (for example but not limited to hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc), you will be informed in advance of the event and offered an alternative date/event. If it’s merely the Great British Summer that’s dampening spirits (plus the ground and all of us), we will do everything we can to make everyone comfortable, though we can’t refund tickets on the grounds of wet weather. Do check the forecast and bring appropriate gear!
- Due to Covid-19, there is a small chance that a performer/act may not be able to attend at short notice (for example if they develop symptoms). In this event, the organisers will do all they can to replace the performer/act for a reasonable alternative at their own expense. Your ticket will remain valid and refunds will not be offered.
- If you cannot attend your event, please get in touch at [email protected], and we may be able to offer you an alternative date to attend another event, subject to availability. Please note this is not guaranteed. If you have someone else willing to take your ticket we can easily swap the names on the ticket.
Gates open from 12:00noon for the afternoon events, and 5.30pm for evening events to allow time to seat everyone safely before the first set/performance starts. Please arrive on time and be patient as we guide you to your table – it is for your own safety and that of the audience.
- We recommend walking, cycling or taking a taxi. We will provide cycle racks that will be visible to our staff; though we cannot accept responsiblity for damages or theft; you leave anything at your risk. There is very limited parking available in the main car park for Chiswick House, on the A4 – get directions to the Will to Win tennis centre if you need help finding your way. The entrance to the festival is directly off the car park and there is space for around 50 cars. If the car park is full, there are streets close to the park entrances with free parking in the evenings. Though check the signs and be cautious of restricted access to non-residents.
Medical Staff are present at all events. If you become unwell at one of our events please contact your nearest Steward.
If you wish to smoke, including e-cigarettes, you need to leave the area and will be readmitted afterwards. In areas that smoking is permitted, please be courteous to other audience members.
Please use contactless payments wherever possible. Credit/Debit Card Machines are operated by Huude Ltd the owner/operator of Chiswick Festival, though please note these are subject to suitable mobile coverage on the site and payment by card cannot be guaranteed. As such, please also bring cash if you intend to make a purchase onsite.
Please note The Chiswick Festival can not be held liable or responsible for any damage to vehicles or personal possessions whilst attending any of our events.
Please note failure to comply with any site rules could result in refused entry or immediate removal from the event.